Purpose Farm is a 501c3 FREE youth mentorship program and animal rescue. We pair youth ages 6-18 who have emotional trauma from neglect, abuse, and or being bullied and youth who have trouble adapting socially, with animals that have been rescued from similar circumstances. Through contact of our animal mentors & human mentors we want to give the children hope, love, joy, confidence and show them that they were made on purpose for a purpose!
About Purpose Farm
- The owners of Purpose Farm are a blended family with seven children. Four of their youngest children Noah (22), Raven (18), Sebastian (16) and Asher (11), live on the farm and are the core helpers on the farm.
- The majority of the children in the mentorship program come to the farm for the horses, but Purpose Farm is home to goats, pigs, and other livestock. They’ve even rescued a dog who has become a pivotal member of the farm- her name is Jane Austen.
- Since they opened in 2012, Purpose Farm has rescued 67 animals and currently care for 40.
- Purpose Farm is currently supported by the family who runs it and donations. The family works extra jobs just to support the farm so they can continue to give back to the children and animals who need them.
- They offer one-on-one children’s visits on a weekly basis, year round.
- Purpose Farm costs approx. $50,000 annually to operate.
Click here to learn more about Purpose Farm